CC Skywave SSB 2 With AM FM SW WX and Aviation Bands / Includes SW Wire Antenna Adapter

Kids, parents and connected toys

Techstination feature for Thursday, February 25, 2016

Kids, parents and connected toys.    I’m Fred Fishkin with technology BootCamp, a report on gadgets and gear.   Earlier this month, the toy industry gathered once again in New York for the annual toy fair, where manufacturers showed off what will be new for this year.     During the event, there was a Digital Kids Conference where BSM Media head Maria Bailey unveiled the findings of a survey…

“What’s interesting is that 65 percent of parents are actually willing to pay more for what we call a smart toy.   And those are toys that are connected to the Internet or have technology in them that can react to the interaction with the child.”

Bailey says so many children as young as two are so used to using an Ipad or iPhone that they try to swipe on pages of books.   Another key finding of the survey…71 percent of parents are looking to blogs for toy recommendations and reviews.    Wonder what the other 29 percent are doing.    You can find us at    I’m Fred Fishkin.

Categories: Kids